[BRLTTY] [systemd] Depending on mount points Was: Re: Strange issue with brltty

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Thu Aug 27 05:04:27 EDT 2015

Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Dear Mario, dear all,
>
> Mario Lang (2015/08/26 11:59 +0200):
>> That sounds like is could work.  Shérab, could you please try the
>> following:
>>
>> # mkdir /etc/systemd/system/brltty.service.d
>> # cat <<EOF >/etc/systemd/system/brltty.service.d/mounts.conf
>> [Unit]
>> RequiresMountsFor=/var
>> EOF
>>
>> And see if the problem re-occurs after a reboot?
>
> No, the problem did *not* re-occur after reboot.
> In other words your suggestion has fixed it. Thanks Mario!

Perfect.  The question that remains is, if mounting /var to a separate
partition is common enough to make RequiresMountsFor=/var the default in
brltty.service, or, if making it the default would have any unwanted
side effects.  systemd makes it easy enough (as the example above
demonstrates) for a system administrator to override certain settings in
a unit.  So if everything else fails, we can still document this trick
somewhere.  However, I'd rather have the default brltty.service unit
DTRT whenever possible.  Question is, shall we list all directories
relevant to BRLTTY in RequiresMountsFor=?  Or just all the
top-level directories? Something like
RequiresMountsFor=/etc /lib /var

--
CYa,