[BRLTTY] Getting to know BRLTTY

Cearbhal O'Meadhra cearbhall.omeadhra at blbc.ie
Thu Feb 12 16:24:11 EST 2015

You are exactly right, Dave!

I got in perfectly using the correct url.

I am joining the NVDA-Support discussion list where I think I might find
more users who have experience with Brltty on Windows. I had a brief read of
the account of its design for Unix and I must say that it really does look
powerful! I will talk to my project team and see if the school children can
work in a Linux environment. It is possible that the education system here
will require that they work only in a windows environment so we will have to
see what is allowed.

I think I have still quite a bit of work to do to really understand how to
use and configure Brltty in Windows with the Braille Lite 2000. Do I need to
activate the keyboard input parameters and the speech driver parameters in
the brltty.conf file to get everything working in Windows?

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra at blbc.ie

-----
version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails.