[BRLTTY] Making the contraction table permanent

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jul 17 11:14:00 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by John J. Boyer on 2015/07/17 at 08:29 -0500]

>Whenever I reboot I have to reset the contraction table. I use chord P
>to get out of the preferences menu. This is suposed to save the settings
>to disk. It doesn't save the contraction table.

Yes, you're correct. Perhaps it should, but I've yet to figure out how to
resolve something else that'd become confusing if it did save the table
settings.

The issue is that the tables can also be specified in brltty.conf. Saving the
table settings in the preferences file would hide the brltty.conf table
settings. Then users would be asking why their brltty.conf table settings
weren't being honoured.

>What can be done?

Specify it in brltty.conf via the contraction-table directive.