[BRLTTY] Android: Display does not reactivate after phone unlock

Rob captinlogic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:22:26 EDT 2015

I am running a Galaxy S6 with a Braille sense Mini, Android Lollipop. The communication method is bluetooth. Brltty 5.2, I don't know the build number. But I downloaded it a couple of months ago.
When the screen turns itself off, and you hit the power button to reactivate, the display does not wake up along with it, even when you swipe the screen to unlock. It also doesn't kick on for quite a while after the phone powers on.
What can be done to fix this, if anything?
I read in the Android documentation that hitting the first routing button over an item on the screen would activate that item. In this setup, pressing the routing button only makes a beep sound and does nothing else. Can this also be fixed?