[BRLTTY] FOCUS DRIVER WON'T LOAD IN WINDOWS SEVEN

Cearbhall O'Meadhra cearbhall.omeadhra at blbc.ie
Sun Mar 1 16:43:01 EST 2015

Craig,

To make this advice useful, I would need to know that Operating system you
are using. I am using windows 7 myself.

Should I gather you did not find the executable?

When I installed Brltty it was not  installed as a program in the programs
directory But installed as a folder in the C: drive.

So, if you have installed the Brltty package in the same way you might look
for:
C:\brltty-win-5.1-1

In that directly you will see a file called "install.bat". This is the
program you need to run to launch Brltty in a windows environment.

You could move it to the start-up directory if you want to use the braille
display every time you use windows.

To unload Brltty you will need to run the "uninstall.bat" program that is in
the same directory.

The reason for this is that the Brltty program is really a Unix program and
is being helped to run in a windows environment by using these two batch
programs.

Let me know if this works for you.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra at blbc.ie

-----
version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails.