[BRLTTY] Brailliant BI sticky input

Stéphane Doyon s.doyon at videotron.ca
Tue Mar 24 13:29:45 EDT 2015

I'm having a strange and annoying issue with my Brailliant BI 40, where
brltty seems to think some navigation keys get stuck.
I wanted to ask about known / frequent issues before trying the hardware
repair route.

I can't repro this on demand. It happens usually a couple times a day,
sometimes not at all sometimes 5-6 times. It'll start repeating a
window up or down command, continuously making the bounce sound, as if it
never gets the release event. The physical key is not stuck though. At
that point none of the keys appear to do anything any more, but the
braille output part still works fine.

I usually power cycle the display and reconnect, but it's usually not
detected quickly, so I usually end up killing brltty too and then
reconnecting. (In fact I feel there's some kind of slowness / flakiness
with USB initial detection/connection / re-connection, but I can't quite
give very specific facts about the problem.)

I can't quite tell whether there's some glitch in brltty's state keeping,
in the display's firmware, in the USB communication in between...

Any known problems along those lines? Useful investigation tips?

Thanks