[BRLTTY] Brailliant BI sticky input

Stéphane Doyon s.doyon at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 26 00:24:08 EDT 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015, S. Massy wrote:

> The Brailliant BI gets detected as a modem (this happens both on Linux

Ah yes I noticed that.

> I however, found that blacklisting the
> cdc-acm module on Linux helps mitigate the problem, without fully
> solving it.

Good to know.

> I've also come to suspect that there is some kind of bug in the actual
> display firmware, possibly related to auto-poweroff. This bug seems to
> happen after a sufficient number of poweroff/poweron/reconnect cycles and
> causes loss of response to any input events whilst maintaining braille
> output. Performing a device reset usually solves this problem.

Is there a quicker way to reset than disconnect and power cycle?

FWIW, I sometimes (more rarely) also encounter a situation where a cursor
routing key appears stuck, but that seems different, as other inputs still
work, and pressing the affected key again seems to get it unstuck. Perhaps
it gets genuinely physically stuck...

> This bug
> does not seem to occur with the auto-poweroff option disabled.

Interesting!

Hmm unfortunately I have disabled auto-poweroff, but hit the same issue
again a while later.

> I know this is not tremendously helpful, but, hopefully, those are some
> pointers in the right direction.

Inconclusive perhaps, but rather valuable information to me. Thank you
very much.

Will try bluetooth tomorrow.
And then maybe a different host.