[BRLTTY] BRLTTY Nix package

Bram Duvigneau bram at bramd.nl
Wed May 6 17:12:44 EDT 2015

Hi all,

This is just a quick message to let you know that I created a BRLTTY
package for the Nix package manager. Nix can be used on various OSes and
has an interesting approach to package management. There is also a Linux
distribution called NixOS, which uses Nix as the package manager and
adds a declarative configuration layer on top. With NixOS, you can
specify the whole systems' configuration in one or more config files and
rebuild the exact same system. My BRLTTY package includes a NixOS module
that allows you to just specify service.brltty.enable = true in the
NixOS configuration and have BRLTTY autostart with driver auto and port
usb. I hope to add some more configuration directives soon to specify
braille driver and port if desired. If anyone is interested, feel free
to give the package a try, it should be available in the NixOS unstable
channel and will be included in the next stable release.

More information about NixOS can be found at: http://nixos.org/

Bram