[BRLTTY] missing key release events, was Re: brltty5.2 alpine2.11 cursor tracking

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Oct 4 18:23:19 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Stéphane Doyon on 2015/10/04 at 17:27 -0400]

>Now, how can we figure out what the problem was?

We already do. The change was to switch cursor routing to use async, rather
than blocking, waits.

Async uses thread-local data so each thread has its own events. Cursor routing,
however, runs in an entirely separate process at the moment. When forking, the
thread-local data is copied. That means that all of the braille and speech
events get run in the routing process as well as in the main one.