[BRLTTY] New BC640 how to???

adrian at pa0rda.nl adrian at pa0rda.nl
Fri Sep 11 13:10:53 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 11:37:22AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by adrian at pa0rda.nl on 2015/09/11 at 16:52 +0200]
>
> >I happen to have a BC680, so the inie key pad in front of the cells
> >happen to be 2 key pads of five eacht. The seem to be identical.
> >At the front there are two groups of knobs five each, they looklike
> >mirrored.
> >
> >Is there any description for this particular instrument?
>
> No, there isn't, but there should be. Could you please give me as detailed a
> description of the keys as possible, including which pairs are equivalent, and
> I'll document them.

     * The four keys at the ends of the text cell area are named ETouch.
       Each is subnamed according to the side its on (Left, Right), and
       according to its position on that side (Rear, Front).
- Identical on the BC680
     * The nine-key pad in front of the text cell area is named Smartpad.
       Its center key is subnamed Enter. Its four inner keys are subnamed
       Left, Right, Up, and Down. The two long keys on its left are
       subnamed F1 and F2. The two long keys on its right are subnamed F3
       and F4.
- Here the BC680 is different. There are two groups of five keys each
just onderneath the text celss. If you devicde de 80 cells in two groups
of fourty each group of fourty cells has a group of five buttons
underneath. Both groups are identical, the middle one looks like a center
key. The most right one has three little verticals stripes on it, the
second one from the right has only one such a stripe. The second key from
the left gives the time on the tactile display, so I presume they're F2
keys, they both have a horizontal stripe on them. The left keys of both
groups have a strange symbol on them looks like there is a hole in it,
sort of like an O or something like that.
     * The five keys on the front are named Thumb. From left to right,
       they're subnamed: Left, Up, Home, Down, Right.
-This group is doubled on the BC680.
The left group is acting like home, up, up, down, down.
The right group acts like up, up, down,down, home.
All left tot right of course.
The most left and the most right buttons ar short ones the rest are
longer with relief stripes on them for the middle two of each group of
four.

I hope I am clear enough for you.

> --
> Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the very Word of God.
> Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://FamilyRadio.org/

	Adri P. van Bloois
	Antonlaan 104		email:	adrian at pa0rda.nl
	3701 VG Zeist		voice:	+31-(0)-30-6912741
	The Netherlands		fax:	NONE

52 05'15.77"N 5 4'44.56"E
QTH-locater	 JO 22 OC

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a factor that decides between
 success and failure."
	Edsger W. Dijkstra