[BRLTTY] Needing Android Help

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Sep 13 08:27:20 EDT 2015

ky0o at kc.rr.com <ky0o at kc.rr.com> wrote:

> I recently acquired a Motorola Android
> smart phone.  I like the things I can do with it.  But I need to find
> out where a good tutorial for blind Android users can be found.

I don't know of a tutorial (good or otherwise) apart from the Talkback
tutorial which is built into the system.

For BRLTTY, don't expect a tutorial, but definitely expect a well written and
comprehensive help file that documents all of the commands.

You'll find more Android screen reader users on the eyes-free mailing list,
which is a Google group. It's a high-traffic list, though, so you should
consider this issue before subscribing. I would recommend configuring your
Procmail recipes or other filtering scheme to move all of the messages from
that list into a separate folder.

I gave my Android device to family members, so I don't have it at the moment.