[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and AT-SPI

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Sep 13 10:10:48 EDT 2015

Hello,

Aura Kelloniemi, le Sun 30 Aug 2015 23:40:03 +0300, a écrit :
> 1. Run cat with no arguments.
> 2. Press space, then backspace repeatedly

Ok, I tried this one first since it seemed easier to reproduce, and
there is indeed a bug.

>   Orca still notices cursor movement and the
>   added characters, so the problem must be in BRLTTY.

Well, perhaps Orca circumvents the issue by being not efficient, but the
bug really is in VTE: the received events are "delete 1", "move caret",
"delete 1", "move caret", etc.  There is never any insertion event.
It's not surprising that brltty considers that the spaces on the right
of the cursor get removed one by one, up to the trailing \n...  I'll
have a look inside VTE.

Samuel