[BRLTTY] brltty5.2 alpine2.11 cursor tracking

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Sep 14 11:15:59 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Klaus-Peter Wegge on 2015/09/14 at 16:42 +0200]

>The problem does not appear with alpine2.11 on the debian8 when
>downgrading to a brltty4.x version. May be it has to do with the change
>of the refresh strategy from 4 to 5.

The difference is that brltty 4 (and earlier) would simply check the screen
every 40 milliseconds whereas brltty 5 reacts instantly to a screen update.
Brltty 4, therefore, wouldn't likely notice a quick, temporary cursor movement
to some other location (like to update a status line).

Are You able to build brltty for yourself from the latest develoopment code? If
so, perhaps you could test a possible fix.

Right now, the handler that processes a screen update alert is scheduled to
execute immediately. My theory is that it might be better to schedule it to
occur a few milliseconds later.