[BRLTTY] Teaching English grammar on this list.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 15 11:21:53 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2015/09/15 at 10:18 -0400]

>You were the one who said "It's" instead of "its" (or was it the
>other way around) when you described the text that had just been
>committed. That would have required an update to fix. So I wasn't
>attempting to teach grammar, I was attempting to point out a program
>error.

Fair enough. :-) That wasn't clear, though.

I certainly don't ever mind being corrected. That's fair game.

What does matter, though, is that no user ever be challenged in such a way,
even if it only appears that way. That's what I was reacting to. In such cases,
it'd be far better to be much more specific.

where, exactly, did I make the mistake? In a repository log entry? If so, git
doesn't make that easy to correct.