[BRLTTY] Teaching English grammar on this list.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 15 11:56:34 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2015/09/15 at 11:49 -0400]

>Note that your castigation message to me was on the list. This was
>distressing.

I understand. Given that I felt (wrongly, as it turns out) that a user's
statement was being challenged in a way that was against my principles, I felt
it equally necessary for my response to be as public.

>As to where the error was, it was in the message to the list giving
>the text that was committed to the repository. Perhaps it was only in
>that message and not in the committed text.

The best way to have clarified, then, would've been to quote the line (with a >
prefix, or whatever) just above the corrective statement.