[BRLTTY] Problem with machine freezing

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.org
Tue Sep 22 10:04:18 EDT 2015

I have Debian Jessie set up for command-line only, screen and the latest
packages for lynx and brltty. I think this is brltty 5.2.

When I try to search in Google the machine freezes while I am arrowing
from one link to another. It is totally unresponsive. It will not even
respond to the power button. To reboot I have to pull the plug.

When filling out the book request form in Bookshare the machine freezes
after I have filled out a few fields.

I think brltty may be involved, since it runs as a daemon. I've been
told that the problem does not occur on some machines. It is probably
not related to Debian Jessie. It happens also on Vinux and Ubuntu.
Someone tried lynx with Google but without brltty and had no problems.
He did not say which distro he was using.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer; President,