[BRLTTY] development brltty --> brlapi

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Thu Apr 14 19:58:23 EDT 2016

Hi,

Tayky (2016/04/15 01:14 +0200):
> Hello all :)
> I create a program x for my scool in C.
> And I like to use brlapi for put message on braille display and get keys.
> Actually I can put a message with Writetext, but is it possible with a
> file descriptor ? Because Iprefere using somes functions like: write,
> read, etc.

Well, you could interact with the BrlAPI server directly without using
the client library but then you would have to reimplement all the
BrlAPI protocol, not sure this is really what you want to do.

> Other thing, I want to get key without to pass with ascii code and keycode.
> I want use name of key for example SPACE, D1, or other identifier.

Use a parameter to enterTtyMode specifying your braille driver and IIRC
you will get the keypresses you are looking for.

Shérab.