[BRLTTY] OT: On screen Braille keyboard for Android (Soft Braille Keyboard)

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton10 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 06:19:17 EDT 2016

Hi Shérab,

Thanks for checking it out. I am blind myself and use BRLTTY actually.

I think Android accessibility has come a long way over the years and is
very good nowadays. I don't really use IOS, but the main thing I notice is
probably that Android isn't as strong on the web browsing front as IOS. Web
browsing is still definitely possible, but maybe not as comfortably as on
IOS.

Otherwise, I haven't had any issues. I'd just say to stick to a device with
the latest Android version - accessibility is better in the later versions
of Android. The Google phones are quite good and Samsung aren't bad (I use
a Samsung), but some vendors modify the operating system quite a bit, so
better to stick with a device running a raw Android where possible.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Daniel