[BRLTTY] xbrlapi cannot translate unicode characters defined in text table

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Apr 27 06:02:30 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by payman shaykhmehdi on 2016/04/27 at 11:25 +0430]

>I have checked the output of xbrlapi and for these keys it says : couldn't
>translate keysym "########" to keycode, and this keysym is different from
>what I have defined in text table. For example, I have defined the
>following mapping in text table for ARABIC COMMA :
>
>char \u060C (    5   )
>
>and when I press Dot5 key, xbrlapi says :  couldn't translate keysym
>"0100060C" to keycode.

That's not actually different. In a keysym, the bit 0X01000000 is a flag
meaning that the low-order three bytes are a Unicode value. It looks to me,
therefore, like brltty did indeed map the character correctly.

>Is it anything wrong with this char directive or some configuration needs
>to be done with xbrlapi or OS?

It's a problem somewhere within the X session's configuration. xbrlapi logs
this warning when the function XKeysymToKeycode() fails.