[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Android

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Apr 27 14:38:23 EDT 2016

Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> So far I never really studied what BRLTTY can do under Android, ecause I
> supposed (apparently wrongly) that it just gave access to a terminal or
> something like that.
>
> I am now realising that BRLTTY seems to be able to do much more! Could
> someone briefly explain what it can do?

It provides access to the Android accessibility layer, so it lets you
read (most?) UI elements of typical Android applications.
See Documents/README.Android

> Is it a replacement for the provided screen reader?

When I played with BRLTTY on Android, I used to use it in combination
with TalkBack.  But AIUI, you could also use it as the only screen
reader on Android if you wish to do so.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕