[BRLTTY] Status display

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat Apr 30 13:36:28 EDT 2016

Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:

> Hi, Dave!
>
> YOu wrote:
>> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2016/04/28 at 11:34 +0200]
>>
>> >One portion of the display, when using status display (B7+B6 on Handy
>> >Tech displays), shows the current time. Could the time be adjusted to my
>> >time zone? Now, the time is 11:33, but the display shows 05:33.
>>
>> This may be due to brltty being started on your system before the local
>> timezone has been configured. Could you please try invoking brltty from a
>> logged in shell to see if the time error is still present or if doing it that
>> way shows the proper local time?
>
> After more digging, I find that the problem occures on a Raspberry pi
> only, and not on a pc that I tried.

This confirms my original guess, it is an ARM/Kernel/rpi thing.

I am not exactly sure if it provides useful extra information, but one
thing to try would be to use the USB logging fascilities of the kernel.
Maybe Nicolas can chime in here to let us know what we can try to narrow
this down, IIRC he does (or did?) ARM kernel development?

I might be able to borrow a rpi and an active braille, so I could try to
reproduce this if that would help.

On a pragmatic note, Lars, just move to bluetooth for the time being,
that should work, does it?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕