[BRLTTY] Status display

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Sat Apr 30 20:41:16 EDT 2016

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016, Mario Lang wrote:

> Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:
>
> > After more digging, I find that the problem occures on a Raspberry pi
> > only, and not on a pc that I tried.
>
> This confirms my original guess, it is an ARM/Kernel/rpi thing.
>
> I am not exactly sure if it provides useful extra information, but one
> thing to try would be to use the USB logging fascilities of the kernel.
> Maybe Nicolas can chime in here to let us know what we can try to narrow
> this down, IIRC he does (or did?) ARM kernel development?

Istill do.  However, time handling is for the most part architecture
independent.

I just built and tested BRLTTY natively on a RPI running latest Raspbian
here and everything just works, including the time display with the
proper time zone.

One thing to remember, though, is that the RPI has no battery-----backed
real time clock. That means it needs access to the internet to set the
current time, or you must set it manually, on every reboot.

> On a pragmatic note, Lars, just move to bluetooth for the time being,
> that should work, does it?

I don't think the displayed time will be any different.

Nicolas