[BRLTTY] udev with systemd

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jan 11 22:49:52 EST 2016

[quoted lines by Mike Gorse on 2016/01/08 at 13:26 -0500]

I decided to tackle systemd this afternoon. I now have multiple brlttys
supported via systemd's instantiation (or template) feature. I also have the
correct one stopping when the device disappears. The braille device is used as
the instance name, for example:

   systemctl start brltty at usb:whatever

The remaining problem is how the simple brltty service unit should start an
instance without duplicating most of the instance unit. An empty instance name
isn't valid but I don't want a specific device to be specified. In other words,
I'd like a way where %i evaluates to an empty string. Does anyone know how to
do that? Does anyone know of an existing systemd example which has both a basic
and an instance service unit?