[BRLTTY] Switching between languages

payman shaykhmehdi payman.shaykhmehdi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 05:56:58 EST 2016

By system language I mean keyboard layout. In all operating systems we can
define key combinations to change keyboard layouts, so I think that it is
possible to bind some keys to those keys in desktop keyboard that changes
the keyboard layout (e.g, Alt+Shift).

Suppose that we have two keyboard layout in debian ( US and IR), we can
switch between them using LeftAlt+LeftShift. Also we have Two text tables
(en_US.ttb and fa_IR.ttb) and we can switch between them using
SET_LANGUAGE_PROFILE command in brltty. I want to be able two use braille
keyboard and desktop keyboard simultaneously, but this way I have four
different combination of keyboard layouts and text-tables.

My question is that is it possible that when I change language profile from
en_US to fa_IR, the keyboard layout also changes from US to ir and vice
versa?