[BRLTTY] No braille output after Ubuntu upgrade

Kristof Nijs kristof.nijs.xxs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:10:18 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have a problem with my braille, I guess this should be the right list to post my question.

Since I tried to upgrade from Ubuntu 15.04 to 15.10, I've no longer
braille output because probably something went wrong during upgrade.
When I start my laptop, the braille device shows just the name of the device.
I tryed to run "sudo brltty -b bm -d usb -t de", but without any result.
In the sys.log I find something about "unsupported parameter bm_protocols = default". Don't know if this has something todo with it.

I already tried some things but without results:
- checked brltty.conf
- checked sys.log
- changed group for /etc/brlapi.key
- reinstalled brltty