[BRLTTY] documentation issues

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Wed Jul 6 08:04:32 EDT 2016

On Jul 5, 2016, at 15:03, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> [quoted lines by Rich Morin on 2016/07/05 at 09:29 -0700]
>> I would add a descriptive section on "Distribution Formats", near the top
>> of the page (eg, just below the "Copyright and Disclaimer").
>
> Please check it out and comment.

My first comment is that I really appreciate the positive way in which
folks have accepted my critiques and suggestions!  However, because no
good deed goes unpunished, here are some more nits!

-r

The "Download Formats" section contains a number of lists.  Most of
these are ordered alphabetically, but some are not.  I'd sort them all.

If `tmux` uses the `screen` driver, this should be mentioned in the
`screen` entry and cross-references in a separate entry.  If not,
explain how `tmux` is supported.

Typos, etc:

  fascilitate  ->  facilitate
  TCL          ->  Tcl
  XWindow      ->  X-Windows

The "Current Release" section is missing a "<P>" above the initial
table.  There should be a "<P>" before the .arch.rpm installation
entry.

In "The Development Repository" section, there should be a "<P>"
before the "If you'd prefer ..." entry.

I would move "Old Releases" onto a separate page, linking to it
from a brief entry in this one.

For extra credit, convert the initial reference to "external" terms
into links to Wikipedia pages, etc.  For example:

  Android, AtSpi, AtSpi2. eSpeak, Fedora, Festival, Festival Lite, gzip,
  Java, Linux, Python, OCaml, Red Hat, Speech Dispatcher, screen,
  Systemd, tar, Udev, USB, Win32, Windows, WinUSB, X-Windows, xz

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           rdm at cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation