[BRLTTY] 5.4 has been released.

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Jul 6 08:29:52 EDT 2016

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2016/07/04 at 21:54 +0200]
>
>>in Debian we do use a udev rule for 0403/6001 because there are popular
>>devices which use this generic ID.
>
> Do you, then, allow all generic adapter rules in?

No.  I should probably explain that what Samuel is talking about only
applies to the installer.  In my opinion, we can not, and *should* not,
include generic devices in udev rules installed on the final system by
default.
Users should be able to opt-in to the generic rules by copying a generic
rules file to /etc/udev/rules.d/, but grabbing generic USB adapters by
default is a no go.  People actually do trip over this and do send bug
reports about it.

> If you only allow this one, how do you filter the others out?

I think Samuel was manually updating the rules.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕