[BRLTTY] brailleNote devices support

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 08:25:49 EDT 2016

hi all
I'm getting some emails from a  new user of sonar asking how to get her
brailleNote apex working with brltty. I don't know a lot about braille
notes, at least the newer ones. I used to have an old mPower and for
that to work you had to put it in what was called braille terminal mode,
which was an option in the software's main menu. Does brltty support the
apex, and if so, are there any special steps needed to make it work? I
believe you can connect it to the computer either via usb or bluetooth,
but I'm not positive. Once connected, does brltty need to be restarted
to recognize the display or will it pick it up?
Thanks
Kendell Clark