[BRLTTY] Prefs menu and specific Braille displays

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jul 14 15:10:47 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Amanda Lacy on 2016/07/14 at 13:57 -0500]

>The contractions table is one thing I'm trying to change.

Although the menu allows you to change the contraction table (as well as a few
other tables), those particular changes aren't saved. The reason for this is
because they can also be set within brltty.conf, and there hasn't yet been a
good answer regarding how being able to set them in both places should sensibly
interact. For now, therefore, I recommend that you set your contraction table
within brltty.conf.