[BRLTTY] Trouble installing the latest version

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jul 17 16:22:46 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Amanda Lacy on 2016/07/17 at 15:07 -0500]

>I got a bit farther with this option, but now it quits because it
>can't find the brltty-tunes directory. Which other options should I
>use with configure?

This is a make file error. It'll be fixed for the next release, which doesn't
help you right now. Are you okay with editing the make file? If not, I can post
a patch to fix it.

>BTW, I tried the options --disable-pcm-support and
>--disable-beeper-support. They're listed in the manual, but configure
>doesn't recognize them as options.

That's out of date. Use --without-beeper-package and --without-pcm-package.