[BRLTTY] Communicating with a cdc-acm device

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 20 11:05:55 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by saeid javani on 2016/07/20 at 12:11 +0430]

>I have a usb-cdc device and want to write a driver for it. Using libusb-1.0

Is it a braille device? If so, is it one that we already might suport?

>in a simple program I can communicate with this device. But in brltty, it
>can not claim interface. Actually early control communications are fine and
>brltty receives device model and number of cells from device but after
>that, claim interface error occurs.

Are you doing this on Windows or on Linux?

>       .configuration=0, .interface=1, .alternative=0,

I strongly suspect that the configuration number should be 1.

>       .inputEndpoint=0x83, .outputEndpoint=0x04,

As Mario has already observed, the input endpoint should be being specified as
0X03.

Note: If you're doing this on Windows (which is what I suspect since you're
using libusb-1.0), you could just tell brltty to use serial:COM1 (or whatever),
and use the serial device that Windows has allocated for the CDC ACM device.