[BRLTTY] 5.4 has been released.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 20 11:59:19 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Chevelle on 2016/06/28 at 23:05 -0400]

>I downloaded brltty-win-5.4-1-libusb-1.0.exe. Microsoft Security
>Essentials flags Win32/Maltule.c!cl; as a threat.  Not sure if it is,
>but I let it remove it.

I've asked others to look at the file, and they aren't finding anything. We
filed a report with the Norton people, and they checked it and found nothing.

Has anyone else downloaded the file and experienced such a problem?

I'm of course now wondering if your copy of the file was modified as part of
the process of you downloading it. Do you still have the original file that you
downloaded? If so, how many bytes are in it, and, if you can, I'd like to see a
checksum of it.