[BRLTTY] Communicating with a cdc-acm device

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jul 21 04:46:10 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by saeid javani on 2016/07/21 at 10:49 +0430]

>I am doing this on linux.

That simplifies many things. Please don't specify the USB package. If you just
let it default then you'll get brltty's native Linux USB support. That should
work much better.

>>I strongly suspect that the configuration number should be 1.
>> As Mario has already observed, the input endpoint should be being
>> specified as
>> 0X03
>
>Actually I have tested both configurations 0 and 1, and both interfaces 0
>and 1, But nothing changes.
>Here is the device descriptor from *lsusb *output :

The configuration number should be 1.
The interface number should be 1 (the data transfer interface).
The alt setting for the interface should be 0.
The input endpoint should be 0X03 (number, not address).
The output endpoint should be 0X04.

If it still doesn't work then please capture a debug log by adding these two
lines to your brltty.conf:

   log-file /path/to/logfile
   log-level debug,usb