[BRLTTY] cannot install brltty 5.4 latest git on gentoo

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jul 23 14:16:15 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by covici at ccs.covici.com on 2016/07/23 at 08:52 -0400]

>First of all, they apparently moved the speech dispatcher includes to
>their own directory so libspeechd.h is now in
>/usr/include/speech-dispatcher.  So in the libspeech.h in the speech
>dispatcher driver, it tries to include  libspeechd.h from the wrong
>directory so it fails.  I patch the include to say
>speech-dispatcher/libspeechd.h and the build process got somewhat
>further.

The latest development code supports the new Speech Dispatcher include
directory. It only uses it, however, if Speech Dispatcher's .pc (pkg-config)
file is present so that it knows where it is. My guess, therefore, is that you
haven't installed Speech Dispatcher's .pc file.

>However the build failed, here is the last part of the build
>  * ERROR: app-accessibility/brltty-9999::local_ebuilds failed (install
> phase):
>  *   !!! newins: Autostart/Udev/udev.rules does not exist

As mentioned in an earlier message, the correct way, now, is to do:

   make -C Autostart/Udev install