[BRLTTY] no input from braille keys under some conditions

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jul 29 23:01:43 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Michael Katzmann on 2016/07/29 at 22:28 -0400]

>The command line in the systemd brltty.service file starts with the command
>line switch -q
>/sbin/brltty -c -q -P /run/brltty.pid

The -c, without an oeprand, is wrong. What that command line is really saying
is that you want to use a contraction table named -q. :-)

>When I remove the -q switch to get the log file, brltty seems to crash
>shortly after it connects to the bluetooth braille display.

Yes, because it'd then be saying to use a contraction table named -P, and the
pid file would no longer be specified. That, in turn, means that the pid file
systemd is looking will never show up, so, after a timeout, systemd will kill
brltty. I suggest that you remove the -c option.

Before you do that, please verify that the first option indeed is -c. I'm sure
it should be -E.

>The log file is attached.

Thanks. I'll have a look at it.