[BRLTTY] brltty looping in sonar gnu linux

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jun 9 10:18:42 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by kendell clark on 2016/06/09 at 09:12 -0500]

>Got it. I'll set up a log-file setting in our brltty config before
>rebuilding another image. I'll attach the log to another message.

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is happening on other systems - not
your own. That, of course, makes it harder to figure out. Here's a revised
suggestion:

The log file specified by log-file (or -L) is overwritten each time brltty
starts, so it may be hard to fully capture. Instead, therefore, use the -e
command line option to also log to standard error, and then redirect standard
error with >> (two of them - append) to the log file. That way, each time
brltty restarts the log file will be extended, but the logs from previous
runs won't get lost.