[BRLTTY] brltty looping in sonar gnu linux

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jun 9 11:39:27 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by kendell clark on 2016/06/09 at 10:29 -0500]

>Got another log file. The log level this time was set to:
>debug,speech,brldrv,inpkts,outpkts.

Thanks. By the way: As long as debug is specified, the log level and enabled
categories are logged right up near the top. In your log this on on the third
line.

>I checked for a core file, but didn't see one.

There must be one as the log just abruptly stops. The very last line in the
log, by the way, is indicating that the abrupt stop was indeed just as
something was being spoken. A bit further back in the log I can see that it was
trying to say "screen not in text mode".

>I ran ulimit -c unlimited before killing brltty with systemd after several
>restarts.

That's probably why you aren't getting a core file. Ulimit settings are
inherited from the environment so you need to execute the ulimit command from
the same script that's invoking brltty. If you're using systemd, then you may
need to use a wrapper script. There may also actually be a systemd property for
it that you can set within your brltty service unit.