[BRLTTY] Emacspeak and Braille displays

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Mon Jun 13 23:08:18 EDT 2016

The BRLTTY page talks about providing access to the Linux/Unix console:

 BRLTTY is a background process (daemon) which provides access to the
 Linux/Unix console (when in text mode) for a blind person using a
 refreshable braille display. It drives the braille display, and
 provides complete screen review functionality. Some speech capability
 has also been incorporated.

 -- http://mielke.cc/brltty/

The Linux console is a rather specialized "terminal" (tty) that can emit
log messages, accept administrative commands, etc.  I hope that this is
not the only terminal that BRLTTY can access.

Specifically, I would hope that BRLTTY can be used to display arbitrary
content from a specified terminal session, Emacpeak buffer, etc.  Is this
the case?  If not, would it be hard to set up?

Comments and suggestions welome... (ducks)

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           rdm at cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation