[BRLTTY] Emacspeak and Braille displays

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Jun 15 08:00:24 EDT 2016

Rich Morin <rdm at cfcl.com> writes:

> The other issues we face have to do with Emacs and Emacspeak.  Emacs
> divides the screen into "buffers", each of which can contain text.

That is actually incorrect terminology.  Emacs divides the screen
up into so-called windows, each of which can display the content
of a buffer.

> So, we need a way to display the current line of the current buffer.

I don't understand your problem description.
I am an Emacs user since roughly 18 years, and have always
used it with BRLTTY.  There is no Braille specific problem
when it comes to using Emacs that I know of.  BRLTTY can easily
follow the text cursor around the screen, and Emacs uses the
typical cursor to indicate the position of point.  So if
you move point through a buffer, BRLTTY should (if cursor tracking
is on) automatically follow it around.  Could you
please explain in a little more detail what problem you are having
exactly?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕