[BRLTTY] The package xorg-x11-drv-fbdev and BRLTTY

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Mon Mar 14 17:03:04 EDT 2016

I'm a bit stucked, and in the hope that someone has any idea, I'd like
to share my problem. I try to install a GUI environment onto a rpi 2,
running Fedora 22 arm. As soon as the package xorg-x11-drv-fbdev is
installed, and the device has rebooted to text (non-GUI) mode, the
BRLTTY gets terribly slugish and unresponsive connected through USB, and
it will not at all connect to the display through bluetooth. The package
xorg-x11-drv-fbdev contains only the file
/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so pluss a manual page. `ps
ax' does not show fbdev in its output when the package is installed.

The file /etc/systemd/system/default.target is a symlink to
/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target, so I expect that no display
manager or x server kicks in. My approach is to use startx when I need
GUI. I expect that fbdev is needed, as the device use framebuffer. Any
hints or suggestions?

Thanks and regards, Lars