[BRLTTY] introduction

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 11:54:54 EDT 2016

hi
When referring to logging in, I am referring to a console. I do intend
to test braille from an x session, but I don't own a display, so will
need to be sent one to test by someone, if I can find someone in the
blind community to do so. I didn't know  about the keypad driver, I'll
add this to our brltty config file.  I start brltty using it's systemd
service, and it's set to start on system bootup. As for
speech-dispatcher, yes, it errors out when trying to load it at runtime.
Same for the auto module. The config line for the speech driver is as
follows in our brltty.conf file. speech-driver=auto,sd,es. The braille
line is: braille-driver=auto. I'm wondering if maybe pulse audio is
playing havvoc with brltty, as it does with speakup? I'm hoping not. Can
you specify the log level and the log path in the config file? If so,
I'll temporarily enable this so I can get a debug log for someone hear
to look at.
Thanks
Kendell Clark