[BRLTTY] BRLTTY, HT Active Braille on Raspberry pi 2, USB

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Mar 29 09:45:03 EDT 2016

Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:

> It turned out that the package in question isn't related at all to
> the BRLTTY crash problem. Instead, BRLTTY crashes if I connect the Active
> Braille to the USB port on the rpi and then starts BRLTTY.
>
> However, BRLTTY works with a bluetooth conneciton to the device. But
> sometimes the bluetooth doesn't work anymore until I reinit the
> bluetooth conneciton by repairing the device.

On Linux, occasionally, my Bluetooth stack forgets about the established
pairing to my Braille Star.  In that case, I can not even repair the
device.  I have to manually delete all state files in /var/lib/blueooth
and let the bluetooth stack recreate them.  This is very anoying.  It
has hit me at least two times.  Once with Bluetooth 4, and once with
Bluetooth 5.  I am suspecting the Linux Bluetooth stack to be buggy in a
subtle way.

> If the USB conneciton problem could be fixed, I'd happily provide log
> information. Please tell me what you need and how to get the needed
> information.

A backtrace would be very helpful.
I'd try to run brltty in gdb, and trigger the crash.
If gdb comes back with a prompt, enter "bt" to see the backtrace and
send that over.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕