[BRLTTY] brltty.service fails to start on archlinux

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Mar 29 17:05:26 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Bernhard Landauer on 2016/03/29 at 22:32 +0200]

>When I build the package I don't have any files created here - I
>guess our build-process is just different. What I have is a build
>log.
>How about this?

Yes, that was fine. I can tell that you need the newer brltty service unit for
systemd. Somewhere in your build process, you're picking up the old service
unit from brltty's Autostart/Systemd directory. It needs to be picking up the
newer one. In 5.3.1, the older one (which you are using but don't want) is
brltty-old.service, and the newer one (which you do want) is brltty.service.