[BRLTTY] Virtual driver is not reading the socket

Jaroslav Skarvada jskarvad at redhat.com
Thu May 5 08:40:27 EDT 2016

Hi,

for me the Virtual driver (vr) doesn't work, reproducer:

$ brltty -b vr -d server:127.0.0.1 -x a2 -A auth=none
$ telnet 127.0.0.1 35752
cells 20

And nothing happened. It seems the 'vr' driver thinks there is
no data on the socket received, i.e. the awaitSocketInput check in
readNetworkSocket never succeed.

I didn't debug the complex underlying machinery, but the attached
patch that bypassed it and used MSG_DONTWAIT recv flag (which is
available since kernel 2.2) works for me and the Virtual driver
started to work again. I tested it on Fedora 23 (kernel 4.4.7)

thanks & regards

Jaroslav