[BRLTTY] some strange issues with brltty 5.3.1

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 8 08:14:03 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by kendell clark on 2016/05/08 at 07:04 -0500]

>I didn't mean shame literally, I meant ... if they start
>to blow me off you could say something that would convince them to help.

Maybe. I don't possess any special powers. :-)

>I think what I'll do first is try to get this fixed at the pulse level.

>If that fails, you can try to fix brltty to have espeak use alsa, bypassing
>pulse.

Are you building eSpeak or are you using a prebuilt package? I don't (at least
yet0 know what options it has, but it may need to be rebuilt to use ALSA rather
than PA.

>The actual error is a little greek to me,

Ask them what the error means. Just tell them what the error is and ask for an
explanation of what it means, what might be causing it, etc.