[BRLTTY] some strange issues with brltty 5.3.1

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 8 19:13:09 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by kendell clark on 2016/05/08 at 17:41 -0500]

>I'm using the espeak fork called espeak ng. Espeak was forked about a
>year ago because the original developer, jonathan duddington, stopped
>responding too all attempts to get ahold of him. The fork has a lot of
>the older espeak removed, including the wx widgets that used to be
>needed to compile the phoneme data, but as far as programs using it to
>speak are concerned, they shouldn't need any modification at all. I know
>orca, espeakup and brltty all use it without issues. I'm using a
>precompiled espeak ng package. I can give you the configure options if
>you like, but I'd have to look them up in our package build script.

Just look through them to see if they know which sound package their dealing
with.

I just did "ldd /usr/binespeak" on my system and can see that it's been
specifically compiled for Pulse Audio. That leads me to suspect that it may
have a configure option to specify something else.