[BRLTTY] Compiling brailleback with brltty 5.4

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 22 07:45:49 EST 2016

[quoted lines by payman shaykhmehdi on 2016/11/22 at 12:28 +0330]

>I have tested CDC mode on windows and it works.

So, if I'm understanding correctly, USB is fully working in both ways on both
Linux and Windows but neither way is working on Android.

>Do you tested brltty on android?

Yes.

>If so with which device(s)? usb or bluetooth?

Recently, only with Bluetooth, but USB has been tested. I'll test USB again.

You need an OTG cable. Have you been using one?

>Is brltty a whole screen reader for android or it will be used by TalkBack?
>(like Orca and brltty)

On Android, brltty works entirely independently from TalkBack. They're designed
to track each other, though. In other words, if you navigate with TalkBack then
brltty will follow, and if you navigate with brltty then TalkBack will follow.

>To add bluetooth communication to display driver, is it enough to add
>"bluetooth.channelNumber" to "descriptor" in connectResource() function?

That's one way. Antoher way, if the device supports SDP, is to set
discoverChannel. Both can be set. In that case, SDP will be used first, and, if
it fails, then the specific channel will be assumed.

>No need for bluetooth names or such things?

Adding an entry to bluetooth_names.c helps with driver autodetection. You don't
need to do it if you're setting the driver explicitly.