[BRLTTY] Terminal Type for Braille Edge connected via BRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Sep 2 06:49:35 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Kevin Fjelsted on 2016/09/02 at 05:40 -0500]

>>Which keys are you using for the up and down arrows when you have a braille
>>keyboard?
>
>I have tried both sets of up and down arrows.

That's the problem. Those aren't the same as keyboard arrow keys.

>The Edge arrows are being ignored in our program and we get no characters back
>from them when they are pressed.

That's because they aren't keyboard keys. Those keys are Braille Edge
navigation keys. For the keyboard arrows, use:

   left:  Space+Dot3
   Right: Space+Dot6
   Up:    Space+Dot1
   Down:  Space+Dot4