[BRLTTY] Terminal Type for Braille Edge connected via BRLTTY

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:25:12 EDT 2016

hi
Could his problem be a platform one? Example, when I connected my
borrowed braille sense up to my fiance's windows 7 box with the hims
driver installed, everything worked like it should except for those
arrow keys at the left and right ends of the display. No program at all
would work with them. It's as if they weren't getting through to the
screen reader. Opening up nvda's learn mode, they simply read as "blank"
when they were pressed. If they work properly in voice over and jaws I'm
guessing my problem isn't the same as his, but it's possible. Those same
keys worked fine in linux, did exactly what they were supposed to do.
The cursor routing  keys worked fine in both platforms, it was just the
arrow keys at either end of the display that would only work in linux.
Thanks
Kendell Clark