[BRLTTY] Build Options for BRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Sep 12 11:07:45 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Rob on 2016/09/12 at 01:05 -0500]

>Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
>> That being said, you'll probably want the python bindings, so that Orca
>> can be used to access the graphical desktop.
>
>I will not be covering that, because Python is not installed in the base LFS system. I believe Orca already has pretty thorough documentation on installing it, so I'm only going to be covering basic console services.

But shouldn't the base be built such that other components can be easily added
on top? If you don't include the API and the Python bindings then adding the
graphical layer will require rebuilding brltty so why not just build it with
that support in the first place?